CentOS Web Panel (CWP) is a free webhosting management panel that lets you simply handle a number of servers (each Dedicated and VPS) with out the necessity to entry server by SSH for each small job that you have to full. It is a characteristic wealthy management panel that I’m positive you’ll love. I’ll attempt to record a number of the most helpful options:
- Apache Web Server ( Mod Security and OWASP guidelines elective).
- PHP 5.4 and a PHP switcher
- MySQL with phpMyAdmin
- Email – Postfix and Dovecot, mailboxes, RoundCube net interface
- CSF (Config Server Firewall)
- Backups ( this characteristic is elective)
- Easy person administration interface
- FreeDNS Server
- Live Monitoring
- File System Lock (means, no extra web site hacking attributable to locking of recordsdata from modifications).
- Server configuration AutoFixer
- cPanel Account Migration
- TeamSpeak 3 Manager (Voice) and Shoutcast Manager (video streaming).
The newest model of CWP is 0.9.8.6 and was launched on nineteenth April 2015, which incorporates few bug fixes relating to loading time enhancements.
Before I begin the set up, I have to let you know few essential issues about CPW and its system necessities:
- The set up have to be accomplished on a clear CentOS server with out MySQL. It is really useful to make use of CentOS/RedHat/CloudLinux 6.x. Even although it’d work on CentOS 5, it has not been absolutely examined. CWP is just not presently supported for CentOS 7.
- Minimum RAM requirement for 32-bit 512MB and 64-bit 1024MB with 10GB of free area.
- Static IP addresses are presently supported, no assist for dynamic, sticky, or inside IP addresses.
- There isn’t any uninstaller for eradicating CWP after set up, you could reload the OS to take away it.
CentOS Web Panel Installation
1. To begin the set up, entry your server as root and ensure to set the right hostname and static IP handle earlier than heading up for the CentOS Web Panel set up.
Important: The hostname and area identify have to be totally different in your server (for instance, if area.com is your area in your server, then use hostname.area.com as your absolutely certified hostname).
2. After setting hostname and static IP handle, you want set up wget utility to fetch the CWP set up script.
# yum -y set up wget
3. Next, do a full server replace to most up-to-date model after which reboot the server to take all new updates into have an effect on.
# yum -y replace # reboot
4. After server reboot, you have to obtain CentOS Web Panel set up script utilizing wget utility and set up the CWP as proven beneath.
# cd /usr/native/src # wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-latest # sh cwp-latest
Please be affected person because the set up course of can take between 10 and 20 minutes to finish. Once the set up has completed it is best to see a display saying “CWP” put in and record of credentials required to entry the panel. Make positive to repeat or write down the knowledge and preserve it secure:
5. Once prepared, press “ENTER” for server reboot. If the system doesn’t reboot mechanically merely kind “reboot” to reboot the server.
6. After server reboot, login into server as root, this time the welcome display will likely be barely totally different. You will see the CWP welcome display which is able to present temporary details about the logged customers and the present disk area utilization:
7. Now you might be able to entry CentOS Web Panel through your favourite net browser. To do that, merely kind:
http://your-ip-addresss.com:2030 OR https://your-ip-addresss.com:2031 (over SSL)
Since I’ve carried out the set up on my native machine, I can entry it through the use of:
For authentication, you would want to make use of your root username and password in your server.
After profitable authentication you will note CWP dashboard:
This is the principle web page of your CWP and likewise the place from which you handle all settings. I’ll attempt to present temporary details about every of the blocks presently current:
- Navigation (on the left) – the navigation menu for searching by totally different settings of every service.
- Top 5 processes – this block gives a reside monitoring with the 5 processes consuming most assets.
- Disk Details – this block gives temporary description about your disk partitioning and disk area utilization.
- Service standing – shows the present standing of the present providers in addition to choices to “start”, “stop” and “restart” them.
- System Stats – shows the present Memory and Swap reminiscence utilization, variety of processes working and mails within the queue.
- Application Version – Displays the presently put in variations of Apache, PHP, MySQL, FTP,.
- System Info – shows the details about the server’s CPU Model, variety of cores, OS identify, Kernel model, platform, uptime and server time.
- CWP Info – shows the present setup in your server’s identify servers, Server IP, Shared IP, server hostname and model of CWP.
The useful resource consumption from CWP is actually low. After few hours of testing the reminiscence utilization remained at 512 MB:
This may be of an excellent profit in case you are working a small server with restricted assets. The incontrovertible fact that CWP gives all of the instruments you have to to handle and customise your server with out even requiring a paid license makes It excellent not just for constructing check initiatives, however an excellent instrument for managing reside setting as nicely.
If you might be working an unmanaged server that comes with plain CentOS set up, I might extremely suggest you contemplating CWP as your server’s management panel.
I hope you’ve discovered the above article helpful and as all the time when you’ve got any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to submit them within the remark part beneath.
Reference Links: http://centos-webpanel.com